This morning I listened to Day 15 of Anthony Robbins Personal Power a 30 day program to change your life.
Tony explains that our lives are controlled by our unconscious emotional rituals. He explains that every state is created by a pattern of focus or body movements. In order to feel a disempowering or positive emotion you go through a certain ritual.
Psst…If this is your first time at my blog please read this post first.
Daily Exercise- Day 15
5 Negative Emotions in my life
Overwhelm-To feel overwhelmed my ritual goes like this:
- Must focus on too many problems at once and think about how I cant improve them
- Start by thinking about one problem and then let it spread thinking about all my problems stacking up
- Think about how things keep getting worse “no matter what I do”
- Think about how bad this makes me feel and how I don’t feel in control
- Slouch and breathe slower
- Compare myself to how I think I “should” be doing or how I “should” feel
- Get upset with myself for allowing myself to get into negative state and thought patterns
Frustrated-To get frustrated my ritual goes something like this:
- Must focus on how things could be instead of enjoying how things are and enjoying the process
- Start thinking how much better things could be or should be
- Think about all the things that are out of my control that are holding me back
- Focus on how things used to be or could be if those things weren’t happening
- Get frustrated because I start to think about how much better things could be.
Worried-To get worried my ritual goes like this:
- Must be focusing on things in the future not working out or thinking about how bad things could turn out
- Start to think about problems in the future or that could happen
- Focus on how or why things could turn out wrong
- Begin worrying about the future instead of having faith that things will improve or at least be alright.
Disappointed-To get disappointed my ritual goes like this:
- Feel like something hasn’t turned out how it should, instead of trying to focus on the process and thinking about how I could improve or what I could learn
- Get upset about an expectation or a standard of mine has been broken
- Feel like things will always continue like this and not change
- Think about all the times I have been disappointed in the past by the same person or event
- Get disappointed by thinking how I would never do that to someone or thinking about how I planned and expected things to be
Ashamed-to feel ashamed my ritual is:
- Must be focused on how i broke one of my own standards or guidelines. Living in a way I’m not proud of
- Break one of my own rules or act in a way that is not in alignment with my values
- Think about how I have done the same thing in the past
- Focus on how bad it makes me feel to not be doing what I believe is the right thing
5 Empowering Emotions
Grateful- My Ritual-To feel grateful i have to:
- Remember how lucky I am to be alive and think about all the great things and people I have in my life
- I focus on how my life used to be and how far I have come
- I focus on my loved ones and my blessings
Happy-My ritual for happiness goes like this:
- I usually start by laughing and smiling as I think about all the great things in my life
- I breathe more fully and remember that happiness is a choice not something that happens to me
My ritual for feeling motivated involves:
- Focusing on my progress or my commitment to improve my life. I focus on things that I have accomplished in the past and how good I felt after them.
- I am focusing on the future and how it will be even better than my present
My ritual for excitement requires me to:
- Mentally rehearse positive outcomes and thinking how good it will feel once those outcomes happen.
- Looking forward and focusing on how great things will be. Thinking about improvements in my life and future
My ritual for being proud involves
- Focusing on how good of a job I did or how fast something has happened.
- Thinking about my daughter brings me so much pride to see her learn and grow. I am smiling or grinning with joy
Interrupts to negative rituals
- Move my body
- Jump up and down
- Look up
- Change my focus
- Review this post
Procrastination my ritual-
- Say that I can do it later or tomorrow and think about how what Im doing is better even though its not what I need to be doing