– My goal –
I have a goal that I have set for myself to create a passive income stream that will provide for my family for generations. I want to know that when I pass away that my loved ones will be taken care of. I am so committed to this goal that I have let go of my previous goal to retire early. That whole early retirement shit doesn’t even excite me anymore.
I do not want to retire. I do not want to drive a fancy car, wear fancy clothing, or live in a mansion. I want to set my daughter up for life. I want to have more kids. At least one more. Having a child is such a blessing. That excites me.
Then I look at my finances and reality kicks me in the teeth.
– My Reality –
I am so far from achieving that goal right now.
- My budget is beyond busted, in fact I have no planned budget at all.
- I am barely covering my monthly expenses.
- My income fluctuates month to month due to being paid commission.
- My credit card debt has been growing month after month.
- I just had to pay for a huge plumbing repair.
- There are other expenses that I keep putting off.
- I have started paying some bills late.
- I have been smoking and drinking again.
- My savings account is down to the lowest point in years if not forever.
What is left of my money is locked away in retirement accounts and I can’t even use it. That might be a good thing though given my track record recently. I don’t even know if putting that money there was the right move. My mom didn’t live to retirement age. What if I don’t make it either?
– Enough Whining Already –
Reading this you would probably think I am some miserable whiny little bitch.
That is so far from true. I almost never complain. I love my life. I have a beautiful wife and daughter. I couldn’t be happier.
I have run into some trouble with money and I owe more than a little money on my credit cards. I have been kicked in teeth a few times. It will probably happen again.
Have I thought about giving up on my financial goals? Almost every day. Will I ever? Not even an option. No matter what.
I will just smile and keep moving forward.
I will turn things around. Watch me.